Calling all Brownie, Junior and Cadette cookie entrepreneurs!
This DIY coding project is back for the fourth year in a row, and better than ever, with badges to earn and goals to showcase! Girl Scouts will use technology to create and code their very own virtual sales pitch– it can be sent to friends, relatives & community members via email or social media. A QR code will direct your cookies customers to their online ordering sheet, complete with About Me, Cookies & Cost and Personal Sales Goals.
In this self – guided project Girl Scouts will learn:
- How to create a virtual sales pitch.
- How to use the Scratch coding platform for this project and how to create your own coding projects in the future.
- Basic coding concepts to animate your project, including: Prototyping, Algorithms, User Events, Loops and Conditional Statements
- Added bonus! You will earn the following badges: 3 Coding for and 2 Cookie Business Badges. Please note: Badges are not included in price, and can be purchased through Girl Scouts after the project is completed.
- Last day of program is Sunday, June 30th, 2024!!
Program Levels: Brownies, Juniors, and Cadettes
This project is designed for students ages 8 -14. Don’t be intimidated by not knowing how to code– you’re here to learn and we are here with step by step instructional videos and instructions. We will have two projects available for each program level: “Beginner Level” and “Experienced Level”.
Learn more about the program and sign up HERE.